Wat kan je?
- Frontend, Python, Java, Ruby on Rails
- MBO, HBO, WO denkniveau
- Senior, Lead, Management werkniveau
- 5-10, 10+, 2-5 jaar werkervaring
- Nederlands sprekend
Wat krijg je?
- € 3500 - € 5800 bruto per maand
- Flexibele werktijden
- 13e maand
Wat doe je?
- Minimaal een 40-urige werkweek
- Samenwerken met 50+ collega's
- Je werkt samen met Management, IT, Logistiek, Finance, HR, Marketing, Sales
- Focus op B2B & B2C
town! At felyx, our objective is to create cleaner cities by making this swift door-to-door transportation the new status quo. We are working together as an ambitious team of entrepreneurs, operators,
marketers and engineers, and are looking to grow as we scale the business throughout Europe. Do you share our DNA: self-starting, open, social, analytic, driven and with a good sense of humor? Great! Join
Here's the challenge
In the last twelve months we’ve been able to rapidly grow our fleet and team and last summer we have launched our operations in Brussels which marks the start of our international journey. As multiple followup
expansions are already in the making, Felyx is seeking an experienced, motivated and hands-on Head of Engineering to join felyx in its international growth and to become part of the felyx Leadership Team.
You are leading the Tech team and are collaborating with other Heads of departments to run our daily business at the same time. As Head of Engineering at felyx you get the space, opportunity and responsibility to build what we see as backbone of the company: the backend and front-end of the product that everyone loves, our sustainable e-scooters!
The Engineering team
You will be leading a multidisciplinary team, consisting of fullstack, iOS and Android developers. The team works in Scrum in 2-week sprints on their multiple applications: an iOS app written in Swift 5, an Android
app written in Kotlin and a backoffice app implemented with Go in a microservices setup, using Postgres as the database and VueJS in the frontend, deployed to Kubernetes.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the team on a daily basis, making sure we deliver quality systems that are maintainable and are performing well
- Helping developers out by diving into specific issues or by advising them on the way forward
- Fostering a team mindset in which people can grow and make the best of themselves
- Setting the vision and the quarterly/yearly goals for the team
- Help build the technical vision and explaining it in non-technical terms
- Be abreast of new developments in the field and adjust the plans accordingly
- Troubleshooting issues and writing code where necessary
- Managing the people in the team and setting the stage for hiring and recruitment
- Interfacing with third parties to foster good partnerships
- Extending the current system to support international expansion
- Architecting the backend and apps to integrate with AI-driven improvements
• Have a proven ability of leading a team, guiding and training fellow developers
• You are a hands-on manager who can take people along with his or her skills and vision on software while enabling the team to deliver scalable solutions that excite every user
• Have past experience in designing and building large-scale systems with reliability and maintainability in mind
• Possess impressive project management skills and get energy from delivering projects successfully based on key business metrics
• Enjoy being a generalist working across the entire stack, front-end and back-end
• Are interested in company-wide topics. What impact does your team have on the rest of the company and how can the team foster an environment focused on cross-functional collaboration?
• Have experience with various forms of automated testing (unit, functional, integration and E2E tests)
• Master at least two of the following languages: Go, Java, Typescript, Python, Ruby
• Are experienced integrating and working with third party (REST) APIs
• Know your way around Git, Docker, Google Cloud/AWS, Heroku, Redis, Kubernetes, CI & CD tools
• Have strong abstract reasoning skills and an agile and pragmatic mindset
• Fluent in English, both written and oral
Jouw belangrijkste taken:
Leading the team on a daily basis, making sure we deliver quality systems that are maintainable and are performing well
Helping developers out by diving into specific issues or by advising them on the way forward
Fostering a team mindset in which people can grow and make the best of themselves
Setting the vision and the quarterly/yearly goals for the team
Help build the technical vision and explaining it in non-technical terms.
- Opgericht in 2016
- 1 kantoor
- 50-100 medewerkers
- 30 is de gemiddelde leeftijd
- Platte structuur
felyx is een innovatieve scale-up met ambitieuze plannen voor duurzaam en gedeeld stadsvervoer. Omdat steden voller worden en de luchtkwaliteit verslechtert is er een transitie nodig richting nieuwe vormen van mobiliteit.
Groeiende urbanisatie stelt ons voor de uitdaging om meer mensen te vervoeren met minder eigen, grote en vervuilende vervoersmiddelen. Het is dan ook onze missie om met een compact, gedeeld en duurzaam vervoersmiddel de stad leefbaar en bereikbaar te houden voor iedereen.
Met felyx reis je snel, comfortabel en duurzaam door de stad. Je profiteert van alle voordelen van een elektrische scooter zonder last te hebben van de nadelen die kleven aan het bezit van een eigen scooter.
- Pilotenstraat 37
- 1059 CH Amsterdam