DEVOTEAM is looking for Big Data Developers to help transform leading organizations into digital businesses, revolutionize their operations, increase customer insight and making better decisions utilizing vast amount of data.
At Devoteam, we deliver innovative technology consulting for business. We are 200 professionals in the Netherlands dedicated to ensuring our clients win their digital battles. Present in 17 countries in Europe and the Middle East, with 5.000+ professionals and drawing on 20 years of experience, we improve business performance making their companies truly digital. We build IT infrastructure for digital, and make sure people are along for the ride.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop high-throughput, low-latency data processing applications
- Deliver well designed, stable, testable, secure, reusable, extensible, maintainable and efficient code and frameworks.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with business specifications.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternative approaches or technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- You will have a passion for developing high throughput data processing applications and knowledge or interest in Big Data technology
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive Spark, NoSQL
- Experience with Scala
- Demonstrable hands on experience implementing Big Data solutions, preferably using Microsoft Azure and Hortonworks
- Big data/scaling experience
- At least 3 years in software development
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and experience in Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- A passion for producing highly scalable, distributed analytic platforms.
- Experience with streaming algorithms and practical analysis of real-time data streams.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities;
- Highly developed evaluation skills, the ability to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and strong presentation skills;
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.